Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Blurb: Writng Now

My inspiration for writng The Forest Portal came from Sci/Fi/Fantasy, Thriller, and Mystery novels I read throughout my life and through movies of the same genre. I always had a very vivid imagination and I loved creating stories as a child and as a young teen.
I was very lucky as a yougster as I never really suffered from writers block. When I started to write, the words just seemed to flow, however; writng as an adult is a different story all together! I suffered a little writers block when I wrote The Forest Portal. There were times when I would sit down, but I just wasn't happy with anything I came up with. When nothing seemed to go right, I would just get up and leave my work for awhile. I would find something else to do, sometimes I even went for a drive. My mind was on my story, well, the frustration from writer's block was anyway.
There were times while driving though, that I actually started to come up with ideas for my story. Driving seemed to clear my head. lol!

My characters actually came from my own sense of adventure that I had as a kid. Being a very imaginative child, I took myself, through my writing, on many exciting adventurous journeys. I created my characters for my book through that same very vivid imagination. Glad I haven't lost it as an adult!

I have to mention how my title came about. The origional title for my book was Time Trees.
I carried that title on my book until my very last manuscript submission. I subbmitted my origional manuscript with the Time Trees title, but my publisher gave me the option to change the title if I wanted to. Well, I talked things over with my husband and two daughters. It was fun to hear all the titles floating around. I was not completely satisfied with the titles being offered. I was trying to come up with another one myself. Finally my husband came up with the current title. I was very happy with that, so were my girls. My husband was quite proud of the title himself!

No comments:

Post a Comment